All content and photos property of Charlie Elliott (unless otherwise stated). Powered by Blogger.

Film: I Heart Classic Cinema!

Today my shiny new BFI membership arrived in the post! I've been meaning to sign up for this for a really long time, and I've finally got around to it. The reason I wanted to join is because I am a huge cinema fan. I know that's such a cliche - it's one of those things everyone says isn't it?
"Hobbies?"
"Cinema, music and exercise."
I like to think that go slightly beyond the average Orange Wednesday goer. I studied Film Studies at A Level which opened me up to a huge variety of cinema that I may not have approached before, and I've had a subscription to Total Film for many years. I love nothing better than scrutinising a film and discussing it over a glass of vino or even just on the bus home. Saying that, I have been known to go to the cinema alone if I'm desperate to watch something that no-one else has an interest in; I specifically remember going to see Capote and then calling everyone I could think of to implore them to go and see it!


Anyway, a BFI membership allows you to go to special preview screenings of new films and (more excitingly I think!) you can go and see old classics on the big screen. I'm already planning to go to screenings of Singin' in the Rain and It's a Wonderful Life (nearer to Christmas of course!). So in homage to the classics, here's a list of some of my favourite older films. Check them out and let me know what you think!


My favourite film of all time!


An adorable comedy


A film about cross dressing well before
 Rocky Horror!


The original is much better than the awful
Lindsay Lohan remake!


The original. Amazing.
What are your favourite classic movies?

2 comments

  1. I'm a big fan of The Parent Trap and Breakfast at Tiffany's too! Have you ever seen White Christmas or Holiday Inn? If not, it's the perfect time of year for them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've seen White Christmas but not Holiday Inn - I'll have to look into it! I'll be writing a blog on my favourite Christmas songs in December to get into the festive spirit!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment, I read every single one and they always make my day!

Don't forget you can tweet me at @charlienin or email at charliedistracted@gmail.com if you have any other questions.

Cx

As of 20th November 2014, any products marked with an asterisk (*) have been provided as a sample for unbiased review