![]() |
| One of the beautiful greenhouses at Kew |
![]() |
| Top left: Henna plant; Top right: Unripe lemons Bottom left: Cocoa beans; Bottom right: Jojoba plant |
There's also a small marine life exhibit which is where the majority of people were hiding with their hyperactive kids. There were some really pretty fish and some really disgusting sea slugs. Bleurgh. My favourite was the little eel that popped his head out of the sand and stared right at me for the pic below (top right)!
One of the main attractions at Kew is the tree top walkway (as featured on an episode from the last series of Britain and Ireland's Next Top Model!).
Suspended goodness knows how many feet in the air, not only can you see for miles around in every direction at the top (I spotted Wembley Stadium and the BT Tower), but you can see right beneath your feet as well, something that made my friend feel pretty dizzy! But here we are at the top anyway!
Kew Gardens is at the far end of the District Line but it's really worth the trip if you're further afield. And don't be a wimp, go up the tree top walk!







I always wanted to go there, but it's such a hassle to get there, I opted for other parks. :) Maybe this year? :)
ReplyDeletemademoiselle-lala.com
I live about 15 minutes from there, but if I didn't I probably wouldn't have traveled there. Now I know that even if I lived far away I'd still make the effort, it's a fabulous place and I bet it's beautiful in summer!
Delete