However, what with us both being skint, we didn't get the train up there, we instead got a TEN HOUR COACH. Bleurgh. It's only £12, but we left at 1am to arrive at 11.25am. I'm sure most people would just sleep, however unlike Ashleigh who can sleep literally anywhere, I will spent most of the journey awake, just because I wasn't in a bed. Here's my must-haves to pack for a long journey:
![]() |
| The view from our coach on the way up to Scotland from London |
- Blow-up pillow: Because I'm not going to be comfortable through default
- Slanket: Because it's a blanket with sleeves and has a pocket at the front to keep my phone in so I don't drop it in someone's old chewing gum
- Fully charged electronics: Phone, tablet, games console, mp3 player, kindle, or all of the above. It's the 21st century, but I am definitely not adverse to car games too.
- Big bottle of water: Air conditioned coaches with too few pit stops.
- Far too many snacks: Eating through boredom is a possibility, but also were you not listening? We're travelling for 10 hours. A girl needs breakfast.
- Easily removed shoes: I'll end up attempting to curl all of my 5ft 10" gangly frame into the tiniest spot possible, and shoes aren't happening.
- Anything but jeans: Same reasons as above. If I go in my standard skinny jeans I will have cut off all circulation to my legs within the first hour.
- Tissues: Coach toilets. Urgh. Add hand sanitiser too.
But obviously the worst bit about going away is the outfit planning. I can only do it like this:
What are your must-haves for travelling?


No comments
Thank you for your comment, I read every single one and they always make my day!
Don't forget you can tweet me at @charlienin or email at charliedistracted@gmail.com if you have any other questions.
Cx