Karen O and the Kids
![]() |
| More known for being the front woman for Yeah Yeah Yeahs, this incarnation of KO is more laid back and still that little bit odd. Glorious. |
Stand out track: All is Love
The Long Blondes
Santigold
The Pipettes
![]() |
| Indie pop full of doo wops and sha la la's |
Stand out track: Pull Shapes
Goldfrapp
![]() |
| As if you need persuading. Just LOOK at her! She oozes brilliance! |
Stand out track: Train
Metric
![]() |
| Canadian indie schmindies. Sometimes too high pitched to sing along to. |
Stand out track: Monster Hospital
Bat For Lashes
![]() |
| Ethereal wispy beautiful music with haunting vocals |
Stand out track: Horse & I
She & Him
![]() |
| Zooey Deschanel & M Ward couldn't be anymore twee. Seriously. |
Stand out track: Sing
MIA
![]() |
| The most mainstream of cool female hip hop females (and therefore the only one I know). I may sound stupid saying it, but she is fierce. |
Stand out track: Bamboo Banga
Queen Adreena
![]() |
| Mental. Seriously unhinged front woman. Best listened to when really bloody angry. |
Stand out track: I Adore You










Charlie! These Girls Rock posts are exactly what I wanted today - Now, all I need you to do is turn the stand out tracks into public playlists on Spotify so that I, as your Very Lazy Reader, only have to push a button to fully enjoy! Thank you :)
ReplyDeleteI never even thought of doing that! There's a few more I need to add too so I'll definitely do that this week!
DeleteYay :)
ReplyDelete