I'm rather a fan of a statement necklace. You may have seen my amazing haul from the Tatty Devine sample sale over the summer which backs up that statement perfectly too! I think they perk up an outfit so perfectly, and people always comment when I wear something a bit out of the ordinary. However, I've never had such a sheer number of comments as when I wore this amazing necklace from Town Design.
Known as the 'Wrecking Ball' necklace, this long gold chain has a large faux pearl on the end being straddled by a naked lady based on a well-known controversial singer. I'm no Miley Cyrus fan, but I do love something with a good pop culture reference, especially when it's so beautifully designed.
My favourite thing about the necklace is its subtlety. You'd never know, unless you look really closely, that it's such a funny object. With its pearl focus, I've been wearing it with more formal outfits to work and it feels a bit naughty to be in a meeting at work with a cropped blazer and smart blouse, with naked Miley dangling from your neck!
Town Design have a small selection of designs in their 'The World is Your Oyster' collection, including Atlas holding a pearl on his shoulders, and a gorgeous little globe. You can find them on Etsy and they ship worldwide from New York. Go and show them some love!




I absolutely love this. I'm not a fan of Miley either but the necklace is wonderful, nonetheless.
ReplyDeleteMy thoughts exactly!
Deletethis is hilarious!
ReplyDeletePrecisely why I love it!
Delete