All content and photos property of Charlie Elliott (unless otherwise stated). Powered by Blogger.

17 Things You Think When Breaking in New Shoes

how to break in new shoes

I recently purchased the most beautifully ugly shoes from ASOS. They are big and clumpy, but of the sandal variety so perfect for summer. The day after they arrived I wore them with some vintage culottes and a high neck ribbed top and looked bloody awesome. Five minutes later, I hated myself, the shoes (cruelly called 'Have a Dream' Sandals), the online shopping industry and anyone walking faster than me. My thought process throughout the day was as follows
:

1) These look AMAZING. How have I managed to dress myself for this long without them?

2) Woah, they're so comfortable! This is great!

3) OK, so they rub a little, but they're new, that's expected.

4) Maybe they're more of a 'sitting down' shoe.

5) I should have put plasters and Party Feet in my bag. Who wears new shoes and is unprepared like this? God, I'm stupid.

6) I could probably mug that woman for her Nikes and get away with it. If I could hobble away quick enough.

7) Where's that old pair of flip flops I used to keep under my desk? Can I get away with going to meetings barefoot?

8) HOW CAN SOMETHING SO PRETTY BE SO EVIL?

painful shoes gif

9) If one more person tells me to hair dryer these shoes while wearing fluffy socks, I'm going to lose my shit

10) The V&A exhibition 'Shoes: Pleasure and Pain' should just have these bastards at the centre with a neon sign above it flashing the word AGONY

11) I'm tweeting my disgust to said shop to ask why they are marketing instruments of torture as footwear

12) They are pretty though

13) HOLY SHIT! LOOK WHAT THEY'VE DONE TO MY FEET!

14) LOOK, PEOPLE OF INSTAGRAM! Look what these bastards have done to my feet!

15) I am never wearing these again

16) I'm returning them tomorrow

17) Probably...

This post is sponsored by Scholl, who kindly gave me some Party Feet after this very real tragedy happened last week!

Follow me on Twitter / Facebook Instagram / Pinterest

14 comments

  1. Haha this post made me chuckle. Sometimes, breaking in shoes can be the easiest of things and then other times, you really wish you had never bothered with the shoes. I have had pairs in the past which never seem to break in and its a shame when you've spent money on them!

    Amy xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've had pairs like that too. They've rubbed a tiny bit at first and you think it'll get better but it never does!
      Cx

      Delete
  2. This made me laugh. Once a pair of new shoes from ASOS gave me a small fracture because they were so hard to break into, shoes are something else.
    Zeynab x

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's so true! How can something so pretty be SO painful!?
    Love Vicki | victoriajanex

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Because the gods of fashion are clearly just pure evil
      Cx

      Delete
  4. I know this feel. I know this feel so hard. :( I often wonder why I am wearing tiny torture chambers on my feet.

    Aisling | aisybee.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Perfect description right there. The relief when you take them off is severe.
      Cx

      Delete
  5. Pahaha that was such a funny post though I can feel your pain. Hope your feet are back to normal?

    Caz | Style Lingua

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just about but I do actually have two scars now!
      Cx

      Delete
  6. Hahahahahaha I love this!!! It's exactly what happened to me, except I was drunk so didn't really notice it all happening at the time... That's the solution basically: HAVE ANOTHER GIN.

    Little Miss Katy | UK Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's my solution for most of life's woes
      Cx

      Delete
  7. Hahaha this is hilarious and very true, I'm always carrying flat ballerinas in my handbag on a night out to save me walking home barefoot!

    www.MyBettyWoo.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never bother taking flat shoes as I'm too lazy to carry them!
      Cx

      Delete

Thank you for your comment, I read every single one and they always make my day!

Don't forget you can tweet me at @charlienin or email at charliedistracted@gmail.com if you have any other questions.

Cx

As of 20th November 2014, any products marked with an asterisk (*) have been provided as a sample for unbiased review