I'm in desperate need of reminding myself of the added extras that have perked up my week. My word, I am busy with a capital B. Busy. No, actually, capitalise everything. BUSY. Christmas officially launches in my workplace on Thursday so I'm seeing life through a tinsel-tinged lens right now, but I won't bore you with that.
This stuff is much more interesting:
1) Turns out my Zumba classes have been put to good use. I went to Thomas Cook's Carnival Fiesta event and learnt how to samba like a (not quite) pro. I was slightly better versed in the cocktail making class, and a margarita isn't always a bad thing on a Tuesday evening.
![]() |
| Photo by Emma Inks |
3) Peri Peri salt. No stingy servings from Nando's, I've got my own now and I'm not holding back.
4) I had a nasty bout of dodgy stomach grossness at the end of the week, so majorly needed a heavy dose of Netflix to soothe me through it. I watched The Emperor's New Groove (which was followed by a million imitation voice messages on Whatsapp between me and Katie because it is so quotable), Heathers (because I still have a crush on mini Christian Slater), and Clerks (which remains bloody genius no matter how many times I watch it). Perfick.
5) I went to Ascot for the first time at the weekend and had an ill advised flutter. I look happy in this photo but that was the gin speaking because I definitely lost more than I won.
![]() |
| Photo by Little Miss Katy |
What added extras have made you smile this week?




Oh i know, I am in Christmas mode at work too and I forget it's only mid October. Doesn't help that I fly to HK in a few weeks and I need to get some presents ready to take with me. Things that have made me smile this week? Cups of tea and a bag of toffee crisps shared with my family while watching MIC (random!!), friends in HK who are excited to catch up with me, friends who plan a day out with things I like in mind. Plenty of things to be happy about :) Think sometimes we have to remember these things - gets you through tougher weeks right? x
ReplyDeleteSpot on, Winnie! That's EXACTLY why I write these posts. Keeping my chin up and all that!
DeleteCx