All content and photos property of Charlie Elliott (unless otherwise stated). Powered by Blogger.

Dinner with Take Eat Easy

take eat easy app review

Living in London not only means I am spoilt for choice with restaurants, but also for takeaway options. Every time I see one of those Just Eat adverts with the singing weirdos in spandex I feel my wallet screaming at me to never buy from them again, and to be honest I like to have a wider choice.
There are plenty of companies now that deliver to your door from restaurants that don't offer their own delivery service, and for a greedy pig like me, that is hella exciting.

Take Eat Easy go one above just delivering to you door. They've basically combined Deliveroo and Uber, meaning that instead of just guessing when your food will be arriving you can track your driver with GPS. That pretty much gave me licence to sit right by my front door like an eager puppy waiting for the paper boy, eye up against the peep hole to see how accurate the tracking was.

uk food blogs

Result: it was pretty much spot on. And we had beaten the never ending queue at Brick Lane cult favourite Tayyabs by ordering through the app instead. No waiting outside for me, thanking you.

tayyabs brick lane review

We may have gone slightly overboard. But their signature lamb chops just cannot be ignored. They are juicy beyond compare and grilled to bring out a charcoal flavour along with chilli heat. We went for Karahi Gosht - a traditional Pakistani curry packed with garlic and masala that just nails exactly why Tayyabs has such a loyal following. We went for a saag aloo and dhal as our standard side dishes and two huge garlic naans. Far too much food for two people but this is one cuisine that I just cannot resist and my eyes are always bigger than my belly (but not once I've demolished it all).

tayyabs brick lane review

tayyabs brick lane review

tayyabs brick lane review

tayyabs brick lane review

There's something particularly special about eating food from one of your favourite restaurants in the comfort of your own home. It's almost worth having to do the washing up afterwards.

Disclaimer: Take Eat Easy paid for our meal but review of the app and the restaurant are very much my own words. Don't even try and dispute my love for a good curry...

6 comments

  1. I love Tayyabs but the queues are always insane! It's amazing how much apps have changed the take-away scene. I live alone so never really feel justified in ordering food in, feel like it could create a dangerous habit! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've heard amazing things about Tayyabs, naan looks amazing :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a coincidence, we had a Tayyabs delivery from Take Eat Easy on Thursday night! I love how you get to see photos of each dish, which you don't get with other services like Deliveroo. We also over ordered as we had a £10 discount code, which obviously means free food rather than cheaper food!

    Lisa | Not Quite Enough

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a really good point, I hadn't even noticed to be honest! It's like in China where everything has a photo on the menu - makes it so much easier to decide.
    Cx

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is great, and the the restaurant is certainly an experience! It can be quite greasy but the flavours are wonderful.
    Cx

    ReplyDelete
  6. You're so much stronger than me. When I'm home alone I head straight to a take away app to treat myself!
    Cx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment, I read every single one and they always make my day!

Don't forget you can tweet me at @charlienin or email at charliedistracted@gmail.com if you have any other questions.

Cx

As of 20th November 2014, any products marked with an asterisk (*) have been provided as a sample for unbiased review