All content and photos property of Charlie Elliott (unless otherwise stated). Powered by Blogger.

Beauty: Nail Art #2


I still haven't got around to buying any nail wraps to have some of the amazing nails I keep seeing on Pinterest and Instagram, but I'm getting OK at painting some simple designs by myself. This is my latest attempt and below is how to achieve the look yourself in a handy step-by-step guide. Let me know if you give it a go!



Pick your lightest colour as your base coat. Make sure this is fully dry before you continue.

Using your palest colour, paint one thin line about 3/4 of the length of the nail.

Paint a second line about 3/4 the length of the original line.

Paint a third line about 3/4 the length of the second line, leaving a bit of the original base colour showing next to it.

Using your darkest colour, repeat the process on top of the pale colour. Ta-dah!

I used Avon Nailwear Pro+ in Coral Reef, Topshop Nails in Jewel in the Crown, and Topshop Nails in Gone Fishing.

5 comments

  1. Cute nails! :)


    From Finland, with <3,
    curiousnoora.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always find here ideas to inspire me and tips to look better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your nails look gorgeous! :) I love that AVON nail polish!

    Would you mind checking out my blog? It's www.pinkfloralprint.blogspot.com

    Thank you so much!

    Have a nice day!

    Petra

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Petra, let me know if you give it a go! x

      Delete

Thank you for your comment, I read every single one and they always make my day!

Don't forget you can tweet me at @charlienin or email at charliedistracted@gmail.com if you have any other questions.

Cx

As of 20th November 2014, any products marked with an asterisk (*) have been provided as a sample for unbiased review