All content and photos property of Charlie Elliott (unless otherwise stated). Powered by Blogger.

Explore: Bestival 2012

After a flooded tent put a dampener on my Bestival experience last year, I swore I wouldn't go back. But it turned out that I'd have to go with work this year which I was initially skeptical because of 2011's wash-out, however Bestival 2012 was amazing! The weather, the company, the whole experience was brilliant, and even though I had to work I managed to experience  lot of the bizarre and wonderful things going on around the site as well as see a few of my favourite bands.

My highlights include:

  • The surprise performance by Gary Numan on Thursday night
  • Rummaging in the Oxfam second-hand tent
  • Watching the insane circle pit for Scroobius Pip
  • Seeing the wide array of insane and clever Wildlife themed costumes
  • Eating loads of different food including Wagamama, crepes, Meat Liquor burgers and sweet potato fries
  • Having an impromptu glowstick fuelled rave in the Ambient Forest
  • Watching the absolutely insane Wall of Death
  • Playing Musical Bingo and dancing the hand jive up on stage 
  • Singing very loudly to Stevie Wonder
I'm a converted Bestival fan and will definitely be going next year even if I don't go with work again!



Me with Pink Julep and Alex Loves




Justice

Gary Numan




Two Door Cinema Club




  



My colleague Simon and I accidentally matched our outfits on the first day!

Scroobius Pip






The Wall of Death!

Ashley from Pink Julep in her amazing penguin onesie!

9 comments

  1. Absolutely giggling over Strumpets With Crumpets - Didn't see that, but your photo is AMAZE!!! It was so much fun!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sadly the crumpets were sub-standard but the board outside definitely caused some giggles!

      Delete
  2. Bestival looks so fun!! Need to maybe get down there next weekend. My sister (who coincidentally works at your company and recommended your pinterest where I then found your blog link) was telling me about the festival survival kits - sound amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The survival kits were great even if I do say so myself! Lots of fun putting the whole campaign together and the fact I got to go to the festival too was a definite plus!

      Delete
  3. I obviously meant next year not next weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adored this years Bestival, am still recovering from too many nights in the Bollywood Tent and Arcadia!

    http://life-of-a-london-intern.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too, I got the worst cold from the freezing nights in the tent but I'm in Spain now and the sunshine has helped perk me up!

      Delete
  5. Ahhh, it was such a fun weekend- thank you! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really was! So glad you had fun and that you somehow managed to stay warm at night!!

      Delete

Thank you for your comment, I read every single one and they always make my day!

Don't forget you can tweet me at @charlienin or email at charliedistracted@gmail.com if you have any other questions.

Cx

As of 20th November 2014, any products marked with an asterisk (*) have been provided as a sample for unbiased review