All content and photos property of Charlie Elliott (unless otherwise stated). Powered by Blogger.

Androgyny with Boobs

white shirt blue jeans silver brogues
I'm wearing:
White shirt - Urban Outfitters
Silver necklace - Urban Outfitters
Jeans - J Brand
Silver brogues - Topshop (available in black here)
I love seeing a woman in beautiful tailoring. It can look just as elegant as a red carpet gown but has the low-key element I feel more comfortable with. From a Delevingne style plunging blazer to Diane Keaton in Annie Hall, I find it a really fascinating way of dressing, but it's just not made for women with boobs.
There's no way of achieving clean lines with a shirt that inevitably gapes at the bust and hips that don't lie.

I've accepted all this, but I still love a white shirt and I don't want to always wear the baggy variety. I found this one in the Urban Outfitters sale and love it for it's thick cotton texture, rather than the starchy and stiff sort I'm used to finding. It is in fact long enough for me to wear over leggings, but I really like it tucked into a decent pair of jeans, with a barely noticeable silver pendant as the only accessory.


white shirt red lipstick


silver brogues

As a last ditch attempt at androgyny, I wore my super garish and overly exciting silver monkstrap brogues - a steal in the Topshop Christmas sale. Aside from the red lipstick, this is as masculine as I can attempt. What do you think? Do you have any tips for androgynous dressing with curves?

Follow me on Twitter / Facebook Instagram / Pinterest

14 comments

  1. I have the same shoes in burgundy and I love them! Love this colour too, they are so fun!

    Hayley-Eszti | www.hayleyeszti.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally understand your problem but this looks good girl, stick to UO!
    www.diamants-au-chocolat.blogspot.ie

    ReplyDelete
  3. AMAZING shoes! Great outfit overall though, I love androgynous looks :)

    http://www.filthypaws-and-silky drawers.blogspot.com/

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love it too when I can find something that I fit nicely into!
      Cx

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Can you believe they were only £12 in the sale?!
      Cx

      Delete
  5. I have the same struggle with just about every blouse ever.
    I love your shoes and think this outfit is great, though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Char, and nice to know I'm not alone!
      Cx

      Delete

Thank you for your comment, I read every single one and they always make my day!

Don't forget you can tweet me at @charlienin or email at charliedistracted@gmail.com if you have any other questions.

Cx

As of 20th November 2014, any products marked with an asterisk (*) have been provided as a sample for unbiased review