All content and photos property of Charlie Elliott (unless otherwise stated). Powered by Blogger.

Wish List: Neon Florals

fashion blog florals


Jacket - Pret a Portobello / Skirt - Christopher Kane / Trainers - Adidas
Shorts - Pret a Portobello / Sandals - Steve Madden / Bikini top - South Beach / Clutch - Ted Baker

"Florals for Spring. Groundbreaking." But neon florals? That causes a minor tremor, surely. I've never been one for the pale and pretty style - the sort that suits a cute dress set for an afternoon tea. I guess I've just never been that dainty. But big, bright colours are right up my street, albeit in moderation, so statement florals in these shades get me geared up for warmer weather.
I bloody love the co-ord blazer and shorts for spritzers in the sunshine with a pair of MASSIVE sunglasses like a right Made in Chelsea extra. The skirt is waaaaaaaay out of my price range but I'm so in love with it and a girl can dream, right? 

As for the shoes, I'm not much of a heels girl anymore, but these Steve Maddens are made of scuba material (check), have a zip on the front (check), and designed by Iggy Azalea (check, check, check!) so maybe I could just wear them when sitting down instead and put the awesome Adidas pair on to walk home? Although actually I was planning on wearing them with denim cut offs and the gorgeous South Beach bikini top in some hot place I can't afford to go to. But I guess if I just end up wearing my standard all-black uniform, the clutch from Ted Baker will go some way to make me think that I'm being a little bit adventurous. 

What do you think of this take on florals? Any of these on your wish list?

Follow me on Twitter / Facebook Instagram / Pinterest

12 comments

  1. Neon florals is just such a great update on the normal 'florals for Spring' thing, love your picks xx

    Halcyon Velvet

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this!!! I've just got into wearing very neon running gear and I feel like I'm getting brave enough to shift some of the neons and the crazy patterns into my daily wardrobe.

    Aisling | aisybee.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love neon for the gym too and it's a bit easier to pass off than in everyday outfits, but I'm determined to give it more of a go this season.
      Cx

      Delete
  3. Love the neon florals, such a cool trend for spring! The skirt would loom fab with a simple top and ankle boots! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That would great. If only I could afford it!
      Cx

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. I love a box clutch although I can never fit anything in them!
      Cx

      Delete
  5. I love colours in an outfit but whoa!! this neon floral trend is not for the weak. Its so stunning when done right though! I hope I'm daring enough to try it :)

    X, Carina
    Running White Horses | Fashion + Travel

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Give it a go, I'd love to know how you style it out
      Cx

      Delete
  6. I adore everything you've chosen but I'm the total opposite and feel more comfortable in pastels than being brave in bright colours. The one I really want to buy though and I really wish wasn't so expensive are those amazing Steve Madden heels!
    Victoria xx thedaisyjaynes.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment, I read every single one and they always make my day!

Don't forget you can tweet me at @charlienin or email at charliedistracted@gmail.com if you have any other questions.

Cx

As of 20th November 2014, any products marked with an asterisk (*) have been provided as a sample for unbiased review