Shake off your thoughts about Superdry. Stop envisaging uni students in jumpers with massive logos across them and gap year teens wearing Japanese character emblazoned tees. I'll admit that I went to the press day with a little bit of trepidation but ultimately with an open mind, and there were some stand-out pieces for me in the SS/15 collection.
There were the expected loud prints and cuts more suited to a Bondi beach surfer than a local London girl freezing her bits off well into June, but within those were some gems. I'm on a constant search for decent white shirts, but a regular cut just doesn't sit well with me. The buttons always gape so I need something less structured, and the material is always way too stifling for someone that regularly gets a sweat on during her commute. This white blouse though was flowing without being 'boho', and I really loved the texture to it, making it stand out from the obvious staple we see from Primark to Prada.
I was extremely surprised but the quality of the leather jackets on show too. The pink one (which looks quite orange in this pic annoyingly) made me feel like I was channeling Grease, and I'm not entirely sure if I would be brave enough to wear it, but on someone confident it would look amazing. I can see it draped over the shoulders of a 50s style dress with some cute flats, or some great jeans and massive sunglasses.
The biggest surprise though is the beauty. I had no idea Superdry even had a beauty range so I was excited to have a nosey around. The colours are a little brighter than I would wear, but the gift sets would make great presents, especially the festival kit which comes in a nifty flask all prepped for mud, tents and dodgy toilets.
So have I persuaded you? Will you be taking an intrigued peek into Superdry next season?








oh i love the look of some of these pieces!
ReplyDeletefrom helen at thelovecatsinc.com
my £85 white and rose gold Fossil watch giveaway ends soon! click here
They're fab, aren't they?!
DeleteMy boyfriend is obsessed with superdry, so we do always end up there when shopping! I have seen the beauty before but it is a bit pricey and I have never seen a review! I need someone to try it and let me know what it's like!! xx
ReplyDeleteJasmin Charlotte | UK Lifestyle Blog
There were some eye colours in the goody bags but they were a bit too bright for me!
DeleteCx
The beauty range looks great! x
ReplyDeleteThe Belle Narrative
It's very bright, good for Summer!
DeleteI'm not sure if I've ever been to this store but I totally get a vision of their collection from your description. I do like the white shirt and the texture of it as well!
ReplyDeleteI agree, the texture is my fave thing about it x
DeleteThe leather jackets are SO nice such a surprise, thanks for sharing! Suki and the City
ReplyDeleteYou wouldn't expect that from Superdry would you? Very pleasantly surprised!
Delete