Assuming it wouldn't be too hard was either stupid or the makers of the videos lied because it took us about two hours to get it finished, and this is the best we could do!
Step 2: Put tape around each finger to stop any nail varnish getting over your hand (well, that's the aim of it anyway!)
Step 3: Drag the tip of a cocktail stick very lightly over the colours so that they create a swirling marble pattern in the water
Step 4: Place you taped up nail in the middle of the pattern and leave for 10 seconds
After they are all done you might just need to tidy up around the edges with a cotton bud dipped in nail varnish remover. Or, if you're me, clean your whole hand. Turns out this isn't the tidiest nail art!
Have you tried this before? If you have any tips on how to make it easier or to get a consistent pattern I'd love to know!
Step 1: Paint a pale undercoat and let them dry fully
Step 2: Put tape around each finger to stop any nail varnish getting over your hand (well, that's the aim of it anyway!)
Step 3: Drip a drop of each colour, starting with the lightest ones into a bowl of cold water. The quickest way is to tip the nail varnish straight out of the bottle (which we only discovered at the very end!)
Step 3: Drag the tip of a cocktail stick very lightly over the colours so that they create a swirling marble pattern in the water
Step 4: Place you taped up nail in the middle of the pattern and leave for 10 seconds
Step 5: Gather the rest of nail varnish in the water with the cocktail stick and remove it. It turns into a kind of film so it's easy to get rid of
Step 6: Remove your nail and remove the tape from around it. Hopefully a pattern will be printed!
After they are all done you might just need to tidy up around the edges with a cotton bud dipped in nail varnish remover. Or, if you're me, clean your whole hand. Turns out this isn't the tidiest nail art!
And this was the outcome!
Have you tried this before? If you have any tips on how to make it easier or to get a consistent pattern I'd love to know!

That looks really good! Need to try that.
ReplyDeleteThanks! Make sure you have a lot of time though!
DeleteWow, how cool, I'd never think to do this, it looks amazing!
ReplyDeletePlease visit my blog if you have a few minutes spare :)
Thanks
www.fragile-bird.blogspot.co.uk
Helen
x
Definitely give it a go, it's difficult but fun! x
DeleteLooks messy - seems like something that will take practice but the colour combinations are great. Bit of hit and miss on the final result though! Great post - I've always been interested in this.
ReplyDeletex
http://www.daniellesdiscerningeye.blogspot.co.uk
It's definitely hit and miss, I've retried since and it's still the same. It'll take a bit of practice!
Deletex
omg I like your nails, they look really fun and so abstract!
ReplyDeletewould you like to follow each other?
A
xx
http://epiquemoi.blogspot.com
Thanks!
Deleteeven though it got messy I still love the way they turned out!
ReplyDeletexx. Hybrid Hunter
Thanks very much! xx
DeleteI love how this turned out! I tried it once and was nowhere near as successful as you! :) xx
ReplyDeleteThanks very much! I've tried it again since and it is getting slightly better, I think it's practice makes perfect! xx
Delete